Thursday, September 25, 2008

The road to the White House

So, John McCain decides to suspend his campaign for the time being so that he can get to the business of fixing the economy. Instead of speaking my opinion on this, I'll defer to David Letterman, who says it so much more elegantly than I would.

David Letterman Reacts to John McCain Suspending Campaign

In short, don't lie about why you're canceling your appearance on Letterman, then proceed to do an interview on the exact same network. That's like bailing on a friend then going to get a drink with that friend's best friend. You think they won't talk to one another?

I do appreciate that Letterman only hints at the idea of a publicity stunt, but dances around it enough that you get the picture while complimenting him simultaneously. I'm a much more straightforward man and I wouldn'tve put it so nicely!

And I wonder what he implies when he says "the road to the white house runs right through me". Does this mean he'll endorse Obama? Or was it a conceited attempt to imply that as a television personality, he has the ability to sway opinion :)

No comments: